We hope to soon be able to offer you here a multi-year online course, in line with the one that was created and taught by Rinpoche, before being shared by his experienced students for nearly twenty years.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THESE TEACHINGS?
From his exceptional erudition and realization, as well as his intimate knowledge of the modern world, Rinpoche has synthesized for his students a presentation of Buddhism that he first taught at the university before sharing it within the Institutes he founded. These teachings constitute the basis of the study offered within the centers attached to Rinpoche, the essential background for better understanding and putting into practice the teachings of the Lamrim, the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment. This program exposes in turn:
- What is it to be a Buddhist
- The goals pursued
- A short introduction to Buddhist epistemology
- The mind
- Some methods for taming the mind
- A brief history of the life of the Buddha
- A classification of his teaching according to chronology: the three teaching cycles
- A classification of his teaching according to the theme: the three higher trainings
- An initiation into Buddhist philosophy
- The notion of self
- The absence of identity: selflessness
- The cycle of existences
- The three jewels
- The spirit of enlightenment
- An overview of tantra
Far from constituting a mere academic presentation of the thought of the Buddha, these teachings invite us to put them into practice in order to operate a deep interior transformation, to find new freedom and joy, to develop the qualities that will be sources of happiness- not only for ourselves but also for everyone around us.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Through this program, you will acquire solid and authentic bases about the thought of the Buddha. These will allow you to better understand and put into practice all the teachings you may receive, and in particular those related to the lamrim, the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, of which they constitute the ideal complement, established by Rinpoche.